Tuesday, August 13, 2013

{ spritzers & drinks }

Spritzer? I hardly know her.

Sorry, that may be an inside joke.

It may just not be a joke at all, actually. But, hey, I laughed.

Something you should know about me: I swear off drinking all the time. I swore it off just the other morning, actually. I'm the worst kind of drinker, in the sense that I mix things that shouldn't be mixed. Friday I spent the early afternoon hanging out in the Mission with a friend. We started out with lunch at Craftsman + Wolves. It was after noon, so the hip mustachioed gentleman ringing us up had no business judging us for drinking wine with our yummy sandwiches. Buy hey, that's just, like, my opinion, man.


After lunch, we shopped around, but inevitably found ourselves at another bar, Luna Park. We drank beer into the wee happy hours of the late afternoon, where we found ourselves the lucky recipients of not only 2-for-one drinks, but also of free fondue and Moscow Mules. Oh, Milton from Honduras, you sure do know how to treat a couple of ladies.

After that us girls needed some oysters, sushi, and sake, of course. On to the Castro we went!

We continued back at my friend's house with gin & soda, followed by a cherry from the most paint thinner tasting moonshine, topped off with teeny tiny little sips of said moonshine.

So, to recap - red wine, beer, vodka, sake, gin, moonshine. Well, well, well. I'm quite the dummy, it seems. I was feeling pretty okay until about 4am. I'm sure you can use your imagination about how my night went from there.

This long and ridiculous introduction to a post about fancy booze drinks took a turn I wasn't anticipating, but there you have it. I am an almost 30 year old lady, who still makes the classic high school party beverage error: mixin' booze that shouldn't be mixed. Well, guys, please let me introduce you to some boozy drinks that should be mixed!

Here is a round-up of the most delectable looking spritzers, champagne cocktails, and other various fizzy drinks I should love to sip on. Cheers!









1. Pomegranate and Ginger Spritzer: Drizzle & Dip
2. Blackberry Ginger Smash: Hungry Girl Por Vida
3. Ginger Basil Grapefruit Spritzer: Joylicious
4. The Remembrance Nectar: The Boys Club
5. Blood Orange Sangria: How Sweet It Is
6. Blackberry and Sage Spritzer: Joylicious
7. Watermelon Champagne Cocktail: The Glitter Guide
8. Fruity Boozy Ice Cream Float: Take a Megabite

No comments:

Post a Comment