Wednesday, August 28, 2013

{ a job front update & random thoughts }

Really, I would just love to have a job already. I want to contribute to society and all that good stuff. It's pretty soul crushing to go on interviews, and have phone interviews, and get no love from the employment gods. I know it's coming, because: A) I feel pretty employable, and B) at the rate I'm applying, odds are something is bound to stick. But as of right now, I'm fading fast. I'm losing hope. I'm about five seconds away from hopping on the Bart, buying an extra large pizza, and selling slices to tourists at Pier 39. Actually...hey...

Puh-leeeze, somebody give this girl a job!

I get this really strange feeling that I call my "crawl under a rock feeling". Basically, and very obviously, when I feel this way I just want to crawl under a rock. Or, what would be really ideal, to suspend life for an hour or two. I guess sleeping kind of accomplishes this, but for some reason it's just not the same. Your brain is still on, and you're at the will of your subconscious...or is it your unconscious? I don't know. I guess I could Google it, but I just don't feel like it.

Oh hey, did you know that Google was actually almost called Backrub? Wouldn't it be strange if we were all going around saying, "Well, why don't you just Backrub what Usher's first wife looks like?"

It's so crazy to me that in my lifetime a new verb was invented. And it's a company's name. And it didn't exist before then, as a verb, I mean. It makes me kind of think I could invent a verb.

Oh, that reminds me. I found this really interesting graphic on Pinterest that lists 11 words that exist in a language but aren't translatable to any others. How amazing. Maybe it can be my job to make English words up for all the untranslatable words. Who do I talk to about this?

11 Untranslatable Words From Other Cultures

One person commented with a few more that are really neat:


Pisan Zapra - Time taken for a banana to be eaten. (Malay)
Schadenfreude - The pleasure you gain from some one else's pain.(German).
Gigil - The urge to pinch something cute (Fillipino).
Bakku-Shan - A girl who looks beautiful from behind but not front. (Japanese)
Age-otri - To look worse after a hair cut. (Japanes)
Backpfeifengesicht - A face that badly needs to be slapped. (German)



L'Esprit de l'escalier Thinking of a witty comback when it's too late. (French)


Well, there ya go. I think I've said my piece, and then some.

1 comment: