Thursday, July 25, 2013

{ how to grow out your eyebrows }

Source: unknown

What are eyebrows for?

The main function of eyebrows is to keep moisture from running down our faces and into our eyes, kinda like a biological sweat band. But we all know they do so much more than that. We use them to communicate. We give our sexy, come hither, looks by arching one brow. We express our puzzlement by scrunching them together. We show how furious we are by furrowing them at mean people.

I have always been a bit obsessed with my eyebrows. As a preteen I would steal my mama's tweezers and pluck my poor caterpillar brows to death. I would also always seem to forget to put the tweezers back where I borrowed them from and my mom would get quite frustrated with me. After seeing the ridiculously thin lines of hair above my eyes, there was no way she'd believe that I wasn't the last to use them.

Until recently I was an everyday plucker. I had a nice shape with high arches, but with my dark and fast growing hair, daily maintenance was required. I don't like high-maintenance things, and am really trying to limit the amount of time and energy it takes to make me comfortable leaving the house each day. I figure growing my eyebrows to their former glory will only make things easier to maintain. Also, I really dig a natural look these days. I figure this is the way I was made, this is the way I was meant to look.

If you're fighting a similar battle, you might find these six tips below as helpful as I have. Maybe soon I'll post a before, during, and after photo so you can see how far I've come.

1. Don't pluck
Okay, I hate to be Captain Obvious, but this is the ultimate numero uno. Don't tweeze, don't pluck, don't wax, don't thread. Nothing! Leave them the heck alone. They're gonna look a fright, believe me, but there's no other way around it.

2. Trim them once a week
You can use a brow razor, but I just use a pair of scissors and a comb as a guard. This will help to lessen the Oscar the Grouch look and keep things looking clean.

3. Take a Biotin supplement
I take the Solgar 5,000 mcg super potency veggie caps. This supplement is said to promote hair growth, improve skin condition and strengthen nails. I've been taking it off and on for seven months and have noticed a huge improvement. I started seeing a lot of new hair growth within the first two weeks, and my nails have never been stronger.

4. Stimulate growth by exfoliating
I've read that brushing your brows with a bristled brush (think toothbrush) helps to stimulate hair growth. I haven't tried it, but it's worth a shot.

5. Use a brow serum
Try RapidLash Eyelash & Eyebrow Enhancing Serum, to boost your growth. It's most commonly used for eyelashes, but can be used for brows as well. Hey, might as well use it on both!

6. Use an eyebrow pencil
Just fill in the bald spots with an brow pencil until they've fully grown in and call it a day!

I hope these six tips help. I'm here for you if you need any moral support. We can do this, girls.




No comments:

Post a Comment