Monday, July 29, 2013

{ 40 days of dating }

Have you guys seen this project? Like most things I find on the internet, I have no idea at what point I came across it. I usually just open up link after link of things I find interesting that I might want to read later, but that later can mean when I'm in bed later that night, the next morning, a week from now. Who the hell knows. Who the hell cares, for that matter?



So, this 40 Days of Dating project is probably one of the most intriguing things I've seen in a while. Basically a social experiment between two friends, Jessica and Tim, who share the seemingly common New York City problem: the inability to find another human being to love you long time.

She's the hopeless romantic who just wants to be in a loving and committed relationship, and he's the commitment leery dude who just wants to have fun. The premise of the experiment is that it takes 40 days to break a bad habit, so after their 40 days are up, the pair should have a greater understanding of their relationship shortcomings.

Making all the vulnerability of a new relationship public is incredibly brave, and I find myself rooting for this relationship to make it. But, whatever the outcome, it is super addicting to read. All the stress of forcing an inorganically formed relationship, putting every little aspect of the other person under a microscope, and analyzing and cataloging every "date" is like a recipe for the best drama you could ever imagine.

We're at day 20, guys. If you haven't already been following along, I don't want to ruin it for you. I'll just say this:


**********SPOILER ALERT************


They totally make out in the cab. Finally.




No comments:

Post a Comment