Tuesday, January 8, 2013

{ getting healthy }

With the wedding only 18 days away, and a new bathing suit sitting in my closet that I can barely fit into, Mark and I have made the decision to kick it into high gear and lose some weight!  Or at least get healthy.  Or, like, tone up and stuff.  Honestly, it makes me feel guilty to say this, but its actually way easier than I thought it would be.  We've kinda paved our own way as far as meal go, and I probably don't exercise as hard as I should, but I've already lost 5 lbs!  And I really don't crave unhealthy food like I did when I was eating whatever the hell I wanted.  Coffee was kind of a breeze to give up, and I don't mind not having major hangovers on Sunday mornings, so alcohol wasn't too difficult to cut out either.  Bagels, eh.  Cookies, take 'em or leave 'em.  Pizza, who cares?  

Gee whiz, who am I?  I'm one half a grapefruit away from agreeing with Kate Moss: "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels".  Just kidding.  That bitch needs an ice cream sandwich, pronto!  

But really, massaging kale and mashing steamed sweet potatoes ain't no thang.  I should continue eating like this more often instead of homemade pizza with prosciutto and goat cheese and 3 beers on a Tuesday night.  After that I'd sometimes take Ben & Jerry to bed with me.  Man, was such a food slut.

No comments:

Post a Comment